Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I just got back yesterday from my trip to Chicago and Minneapolis and I am TIRED! I had such a good time! I hope that everyone had a safe and happy New Year's! I'm so excited about 2009!

I didn't shoot nearly as much this week as I should have, but I did manage to get a few shots in on Friday night back in Chicago. My brother and I went out with a handful of my friends that were in town... we spent our evening at a dueling pianos bar in Wrigleyville. The bar had the 'dueling' pianos in the center of the room, and there was a conveniently placed 'stripper' pole in between.

Before I left Chicago for Minneapolis my brother, David, and I had visited the Henri Cartier-Bresson exhibit at The Art Institute of Chicago and I had explained the idea of "The Decisive Moment" to him... I just I love this shot because it seems like the 'decisive moment' to me...

This is my good friend Beth... I took my camera outside to snap some pictures of the neighborhood and when I turned around I noticed how beautifully the neon bar signs in the window were lighting her face... Who needs expensive lights when you have beer signs?

So, nothing to write home about but altogether it was a good time. More to come soon!

No comments: